5th Week Update: END OF SPRING

What's up, authors? Welcome to another 5th Week Update and the end of spring. It wasn't too long ago when I celebrated this blog's first post along with Christmas. Time sure flies. 

In this post, I'll be going through the usual updates. This "term" has been a pretty hectic one, so this should be fun. Especially today, since I've written three blog posts. Last week's, this week's and next week's. 

Let's get to! 


Milestones 

  • I've taken my first break. In fact, I've taken my first three breaks. Not sure if this is a milestone, but hey, who's stopping me from adding this?

  • Saying goodbye to the TQM series. The last TQM post was 12 Quotes To Nurture Your Author Mindset (Part Two). I have one more planned for next week. It's a completely new format, so you can be excited for it! I may post more like it, but it will be under the topic of Babble

    I started this series because I thought it would be easy. A break, sort of. Boy was I wrong. Legal matters aren't my style, and by my understanding, using quotes can get on the iffy side. 

  • Greeting a new series, Writing Quick Tips. What's this? A new series? To replace TQM, here's a better series for y'all. WQT takes a previous favourite post and condenses it to one, pinnable graphic.

    *cue ad voice* If you're a busy author or looking for a blog post that doesn't take more than a minute to read, this post is for you. 

    This series is fun for me to make because it's an easy post to make if I'm busy that week and I get to try my hand art graphic design! Admittedly, I'm not amazing at designs. But it's fun and you guys can read what it says. Right? 

  • Get ready for some more news because I've created a second new series, Fandom Chats. I know right? Another new series! 

    Originally, the LFTM posts were supposed to be where I could rant about a series and still produce coherent writing tips. Eventually, it went more on the content review with writing tips side.

    But as much as I'm an author, I'm a hardcore fangirl at times. With series I especially love, formulating writing tips is much harder. When you love a series, sometimes you just have to rant about it, you know? 

    I've released two FC posts in this batch of new posts. Both about the same series. You can read them by clicking here and here. Before you panic, I'm not going to regularly be writing these kinds of posts. Don't worry. ;) 

    One thing I've learnt since starting this series is that I can rant about a fandom longer than I can write a post with tips. Go figure.

  • One more change to add to the list. You know the tag at the end of the post? It's different now, and this is the post the new tag debuts on! Technically, the first post with the new tag is next week's post because I wrote that an hour ago and scheduled it, but we don't need to talk about that. 

    The old one, I felt, was too long. This new tag is shorter, snappier and much more effective. At least, that's what I hope, since I haven't shared it before. Oh the quandaries of scheduled posts.

  • I've updated my About page. It's something I've kept putting off for the past half a year. Let's not talk about how long it took.



Phew. That was a longer update post than usual. At least, it felt like a lot more work than usual. Still, I enjoyed it! At the end of this term, we have said goodbye to Spring and one of the first series on the blog. But we can say hello to Summer and two brand spanking new series. It's a lot to be excited for.

Any questions about the updates? Any ideas, suggestions or requests? Enjoyed this post? Don't hesitate to leave a comment. Until next time, happy authoring!
  

Comment + Share + Follow
(And eat chocolate)

Comments